The importance of fire safety to the entertainment industry
An entertainment industry may use hazardous materials or products such as pyrotechnics that are more likely to cause fires, it’s important to know how to prevent fires at all times.
As an entertainment business owner, you’re responsible for ensuring the safety of your building and those inside. Failure to follow strict fire safety guidelines can result in injury, property damage, or worse! You can also face fines if you fail to comply with fire safety codes and laws. That’s why it’s important to know how to make your facility safe!
Fire safety tips for the entertainment industry
- Make sure entrances and exits are wide and free of obstructions: All entrances and exits should be wide to accommodate crowds according to occupancy limits. Keep exits/entrances free of clutter.
- There should be at least two exits: There should be at least two exits, although the exact number is often required by law.
- No furniture should block entrances or exits: Make sure no furnishings block entrances or exits.
- Take safety precautions for pyrotechnics: If you have permission to use pyrotechnics in your building, make sure you have taken all necessary safety precautions.
- Have professionals on hand if pyrotechnics are used: If you use pyrotechnics, make sure a trained professional is in charge of these materials.
- Get approval from the fire inspector if needed: You may need a permit from your local fire inspector for certain items. Make sure you obtain this permit.
- Make sure your company complies with industry laws: There are certain laws that apply specifically to the entertainment industry. Make sure your business follows these laws.
- Keep your fire safety equipment up to date: Have regular fire safety inspections and keep your fire safety products up to date.
- Make sure your team knows fire safety procedures: Make sure your team knows what to do in an emergency.
- Follow occupancy rules: Always adhere to the occupancy limits in your building.
Ultimately, safety is not often addressed in the entertainment industry. In the entertainment industry, many workers must work either in a remote location or alone.
Quickshipfire is one of the leading fire alarm equipment supplier in USA. It has a mission to save lives and protect property. The company is committed to customer satisfaction and safety and works with commercial clients for their requirement of fire alarm components in United States including Siemens, Simplex, Gamewell, Notifier and many more.
When you want to make sure your home and business are safe all year long, trust Quickshipfire. We have more than two decades of experience in fire/life safety industry with extensive knowledge with many manufactures. We serve clients throughout Unites States. To learn more about our fire safety products and how we can protect your home or business, call or text us at (833)747-7845.